I think transparency was my word for the year; and while I wasn’t hiding the truth, I definitely wasn’t living like I should have been. I had a year of working two jobs to not only pay off some debt but save for my new pretty apartment. And guess what happened two months after living there. I got a five day notice to evict. I have never been more stressed out or humiliated in my life.
Each week I’m going to try to be as transparent as possible. Calling and texting everyone I knew in a 24 hour period asking them for xx amount of money for my rent was the most humbling experience I’ve ever had. And it’s true there is something about being THAT vulnerable that’s freeing, but it’s also the most humiliated thing I’ve EVER had to go through. There are 77 days left in the a year and it only takes 30 days to develop a habit. So let’s pray and trust this new chapter into the light.
This is the story about a girl finally wanting to transition and into a new phase in life. Stay Tuned.
Money Management Prayers to Study
- Lord, help me to trust You.
- Genesis 22:14
- Philippians 4:19
- Lord, change my heart.
- Lord, grant me contentment.
- Lord, give me confidence.
- Lord, give me a generous heart.
- God, help me to live with integrity.
- Jesus, help me preserver.
- God, help me align my priorities with Yours.
- Matthew 6:24
- Jesus, help me develop a long-term focus.
- Proverbs 28:19
- God, center my thought and hearts on the things of eternity.